Saturday, April 11, 2009

That Collie

I have no respect for collies. You see them on dog shows, doing all sorts of stupid tricks, even dancing. They doggedly herd sheep, following their masters´ every order. No mind of their own.
When I was a lot younger I had a problem with a certain collie dog that passed our garden every day. With the fence between us we would bark, growl and snarl at each other. Once we met face to face on the path, and as the collie was accompanied by two of its packmates, there was a bit of a fight, and I got accused of having bitten the collie's ear - which I have never admitted to. See: http://tessblogs.blogspot.com/2006/09/collies.html

I have not seen that dog for years now, but this morning, walking peacefully on my lead on the pavement, guess whom we met! Just as frisky and menacing as ever. We both had to be restrained.

No comments: