Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This morning


I am just back from my little morning walk.  While I was not feeling good, I was reluctant to walk, and had to be tempted with treats. I have now learned to use this in my favour. I stop and refuse to move until the bag appears. I need one to leave the house, another to go out the gate, and one to start walking. I get one for doing my business, and one more for turning back to go home. Sometimes I stop and refuse to move, preferably in the middle of crossing the street. Then I must have one at the gate and another to cross the threshold to go back inside.  If they had not started using tiny weight control dog food morsels, I would be a very fat dog now.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I had a Labrador like that too, you are just so clever at teaching us how to treat you!
Love and hugs
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tess,
Mum says her last black labrador 'Lucy' was the same when she got older. Wouldnt go anywhere she didnt want to without much encouragement. Then the moment they turned to go back home, old 'twinkletoes' would skip lightly back inside like a puppy to get to her bowl for a drink of milk!!
We know how to get what we want!
Love Roddy Black lab. x