Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Training

This is me aged eight months, being "trained."
When I was a pup they took me to training classes. It was run by two angry women, both named Evelyn, and we were to walk around in circles, the humans leading their dogs, and stop and sit and then walk on and turn and stop and sit. All of us puppies wore choke chains around our necks. I got overexcited and wanted to sniff the other dogs and I pulled and pulled and did nothing right. Mom got stressed and the Evelyns shouted, which made us even more stressed. It was a nightmare and I learned nothing. One of the Evelyns took me outside and walked me up the street on the lead, and I pulled so much that she told mom that I was “diabolical.” Me????
In the end we gave up. Mom decided that choke chains and shouting was no way to train a little dog. She was right. If you want me to learn something, just use food.

No comments: